AVT 1.4 WALKING SAFARI – 9 Days
Ngorongoro Crater is spectacular, and understandably one of the best destinations among the National Parks. This trip includes cultural visits while walking, where you can find out about the way of life of the Maasai, Datoga, and Wahadzabe (Bushmen) who live on the Ngorongoro Highland and Lake Eyasi. We will visit some of the local initiative (Africa VIP Travel) projects which enrich your experience of this part of Africa, and ensure that more of the benefits of tourism reach the locals directly.
Lake Eyasi is a salt lake lying at an altitude of about 1000m, between the Eyasi escarpment in the north (an ancient fault line that is part of the Rift Valley system) and the Kidero Mountains in the south. It’s a hot, dry area, around which live the Hadzabe people (also known as Watindiga), who are believed to have lived here for nearly 10,000 years. Today there are only a few hundred left. The lifestyle of the Hadzabe still centers on hunting and gathering traditions. Also in the area are the Datoga (Mang’ati), the Iraqw (Mbulu), and various other groups.
Optional extensions include: photo safari to Serengeti National Park; mountain trekking; walking safari; chimpanzee tracking; Zanzibar adventure
Price quote includes
• Accommodations, as detailed, in comfortable and roomy lodges/hotels and luxury tented lodges
• All national park entrance fees
• All food – breakfasts, (packed) lunches, and dinners
• Flying doctor evacuation service
Price quote excludes
• Travel and personal accident insurance
• Visa, passport, vaccinations, medicines
• Expenditure on alcoholic drinks or soda at lodge/hotels or luxury tented lodges, as well as souvenirs and personal items
• Optional excursions/activities not detailed in itinerary
• Any additional services requested