AVT 1.5 EMPAKAI AND EYASI WALKING SAFARI – 10 DAYS
Ngorongoro Highland and Lake Eyasi 10 Days Walking Safari.
Photo from 2011 150On this walking safari, besides having the opportunity to experience the beauty of many diverse landscapes in and around several extraordinary Tanzanian national parks, you will be able to see the huge range of wild and birdlife they offer, have interaction with the Wajadzabe (bushmen) and Datoga tribes, learning about their cultures, first hand.
After breakfast leave the camp, drive to Lake Eyasi via Karatu town, and arrive in late morning on the Wahadzabe (bushmen) and Datoga tribes area. Join Wahadzabe for a short hike and learn about their culture. You will visit the exceptional Hadzabe (bushmen) located in northern Tanzania beside Lake Eyasi. The remaining few hundred bushmen that form this tribe practice neither agriculture nor own cattle. Their society is based simply on hunting and gathering food.On the way to Kisimangeda, stop and visit a Datoga tribesman who works on metals using his hands to produce jewelry such as necklaces and bracelets. Overnight at a luxury tented lodge.
Optional extensions include: photo safari in Tarangire and Serengeti National Parks; mountain trekking; chimpanzee tracking; Zanzibar adventure
Price quote includes
• Accommodations, as detailed, in comfortable and roomy lodges/hotels and luxury tented lodges
• All national park entrance fees
• All food – breakfasts, (packed) lunches, and dinners
• Flying doctor evacuation service
Price quote excludes
• Travel and personal accident insurance
• Visa, passport, vaccinations, medicines
• Expenditure on alcoholic drinks or soda at lodge/hotels or luxury tented lodges, as well as souvenirs and personal items
• Optional excursions/activities not detailed in itinerary
• Any additional services requested